Film Reviews & Recommendations

This post will be updated regularly whenever I write a recommendation or review for a film. I have arranged them chronologically, with the most recent review at the top. If there is a film you would like to see reviewed, please let me know in the comments.

Apocalypto (2006)
Babel (2006)
Brokeback Mountain (2005)
Dangerous Liaisons (1988)
Diary of a Country Priest (1950)
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)
Magnolia (1999)
Me and You and Everyone We Know (2005)
An Inconvenient Truth (2006)
Pan’s Labyrinth (2006)
Snakes on a Plane (2006)
Superman Returns (2006)
Thank You For Smoking (2006)
V for Vendetta (2006)

Foreign film summary reviews:
  • A Very Long Engagement (2004)
  • Born into Brothels (2004)
  • Fanny & Alexander (1982)
  • The Battle of Algiers (1965)

Comments

Shane said…
"Dangerous Liasons". i'm watching it and i want to talk to somebody else about it.

shane
timcoe said…
Eraserhead.
Anonymous said…
glad to see another theological student who is also a bergman fan. here are three suggestions for reviews:
1. wild strawberries
2. the double life of veronique
3. trolossa/faithless
a. steward said…
I'd love to see you review "The Lives of Others." I saw it the other night and it was outstanding. I might do a review of it myself at some point. I'd like to see what you make of it. And it's in german, so you'll like that.
Adam,

I've been meaning to review that movie for awhile. I saw it in theaters and it truly blew me away.