2006 music wrap-up

Now that Pitchfork Media has come out with their end of the year lists, it’s time I unveil my choices for the best music of the year. 2006 has been a great year for me. For the first time, I have kept up with the music scene in the midst of a very busy academic schedule. I have yet to post any music reviews on this site simply because I lack the history of music. I am a Johnny-come-lately to the impossibly large world of music. But I know what I like, and why not have one more list?

So, over the next couple days, I will post my lists of the best music of the year, as well as a list of the biggest disappointments. You can expect the following to appear, which I will post in this order:

Top 25 Albums of 2006
Top 10 Tracks of 2006
Top 5 Surprises of 2006
Top 5 Disappointments of 2006
Top 5 Most Highly Anticipated Albums of 2007

Comments