“As Barth”: Entry #12

The twelfth entry in the contest comes to us from Mykel Larson, whose brand-new blog, The Uncharted Route, will offer musings and reflections on faith.

The Tome Of Barth weighs down my head
A heavy feast of phrase
A chef of thoughts, gourmand of bread
My eyes now set ablaze
I oft times think, were I to eat
Every morsel penned
I’d gain in girth, from all this meat
A weight I can transcend

The Word made flesh, then word once more
Will surely never sate
The heart’s deep wish to love, adore
God unlocking the gate
I leave a leaf, inside the place
To mark what I just read
And reach for a glass, whose Scarlet Grace
Will quell all thirsts unfed


The contest will end on July 4, at which point we will have a poll to decide who is the winner. If you wish to enter the contest, email me here. See the original post for more information.

Comments

4.75, because I am convinced that this could be set to the tune of an Irish drinking song!

The competition is really heating up!