PTS finals & Ben Myers

I have been on a bit of a posting hiatus while I work diligently on my finals here at Princeton Seminary. My finals include a paper on Calvin’s theology, another paper on Barth and Jüngel on the two kingdoms, and exams in Hebrew exegesis, systematic theology, and philosophy of religion.

Starting Saturday, January 20, I will return to my regularly scheduled posts on topics of greater interest and existential importance.

Also, Ben Myers is flying in tomorrow evening, and I will be picking him up at the Princeton station if all goes as planned. This is a meeting I have been looking forward to for some time. He will be researching at the Center for Barth Studies, where I work on occasion as part of the Special Collections staff.

Comments

You and Ben should do a pod-cast together.
Shane said…
Ben's an Aussie, right? I say the first thing you do when he gets off the plane is punch him in the face and hand him a beer. I think that's the cultural custom of welcome in Australia.
I don't know if I have the guts to drink with an Aussie. God did, after all, create whiskey so that we Irish wouldn't rule the world. Which is to say that we Irish, unlike the Aussies, are faced with a depreciation of our combat skills upon assumption of alcohol, not an increase! Bottom line: If brawling goes with drinking in Australia, I'm going to need to be stone cold sober to even have a chance of surviving!

;-)
Shane said…
Have you ever seen that episode of family guy where they reconstruct the history of Ireland before the invention of Whiskey?

hilarious.

sw
Anonymous said…
Ben is a Milton scholar. Remind your hosts, Ben, of the Houseman couplet (the only half-decent theodicy I know):

And malt does more than Milton can
To justify God's way to man.

And, please, get them to take you out of the Garden State (definitely post-lapsarian) into the Promised Land of New York!
Ben Myers said…
Kim speaks of "the Promised Land of New York" -- well, crawling through the traffic at JFK certainly felt rather post-lapsarian....

WTM: don't worry, if you promise to buy me a pint of Guinness, I'll promise not to brawl with you.

;-)
byron smith said…
How did the meeting go? Still waiting for the podcast release...
I'm afraid there won't be a podcast. Sorry! Finals are making that a little difficult.

But the meeting was great. We had a really great time.